Senior Accountant (m/f)
LuxConnect is an enabler of digital business. We own and operate 4 multi-Tier Data Centers and a national Dark Fiber network in Luxembourg.
To support our growing customer base, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Accountant who will under the lead of the Head of Finance & Administration of the Company, manage and oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the Company’s financial transactions. The position’s responsibilities also include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end and year-end procedures.
It is a full-time position and will be governed by an open-end contract in compliance with the Labour Code of Luxembourg.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT [m/f]
Missions and responsibilities:
- Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers of the Company and affiliated firms.
- Ensure detailed entry of all accounting records.
- Manage and record all accounting transactions in compliance with policies and regulations in force; verify, allocate post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Support year-end close process.
- Establish Company’s tax statements.
- Prepare financial statements, prepare and participate in the annual budget process in accordance and coordination with the various departments.
- Contribute to the budget reporting to be presented to General Management.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Prepare consolidated accounts and participate in the consolidation processes.
- Generate financial reports and statements for management for review, analyse financial discrepancies and recommend effective solutions.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Assist and participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Several years of experience in a business or finance environment is requested.
- CPA accreditation is a must, CMA is a plus.
- Outstanding knowledge of financial fundamentals, accounting principles, standards and procedures, of general ledger, budgeting, forecasting and compliance with regulations.
- Strong grasp of local GAAP, Tax and of IFRS.
- Drive for results and able to meet deadlines.
- Planning and organizing resources to get things done and orchestrating multiple activities to accomplish the mission.
- Multilingual in English and French or German.
- Good understanding of accounting software.
- Is seen as a team player encouraging collaboration and is cooperative.
- Is proactive and solution oriented.
- Demonstrates sense of ownership, is a critical thinker and is courageous in expressing his views and opinions.
- An autonomous and diversified activity in a dynamic and versatile environment.
- A welcoming working atmosphere fostering teamwork and performance.
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package with additional benefits.
Place of work: Bettembourg (Luxembourg)
Please submit your application and resume to:
Direction des Ressources Humaines
4, rue A. Graham Bell
or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org